Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Reaction & Review | L.E.T.H.A.L Ladies: Return To Savage Beach


Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to an all new Reaction & Review. Tonight, guys, we're concluding a series of films, AKA the "Triple-B series", that I started back in 2024. And the final film in this saga came out in 1998. That movie is "L.E.T.H.A.L. Ladies: Return To Savage Beach".

Now before I begin talking about what I do know about this movie, I'm first gonna say that I have enjoyed watching these particular movies for this series. And while there might have been a few bumps on the road, I am quite happy that I got to watch these movies for this series. And out of the 11 films I've covered in this series, I have enjoyed about 9 of them. Now sure, there were a couple of mediocre films in this series, but I still enjoyed those to an extent. And now, I get to finish this series off by taking a look at the 12th, and last, entry in the "Triple-B" series.

Now as for what I know about this movie, I do know two things. One, I know this was the very last film that Andy Sidaris ever made. That being said, even though I'm about to finish the "Triple-B" series, that doesn't mean that I have covered *every* film that Andy Sidaris has actually made. There are still several movies of his from way before this series that I haven't seen yet. So I may keep my eyes open whenever I come across them at some point.

The second thing I know about this movie is that it also acts as sort of a sequel to another movie in this series, which was "Savage Beach". In fact, I kinda mentioned way back when I ended up covering that movie and said that there was a sequel that I would later cover, which is this movie. Now, how much it ties into "Savage Beach" is something that I can't say at this time. I don't know if they're gonna bring back any characters from that movie into this one, or it's just gonna be another standalone movie that basically does it's own thing.

Which, to be honest, guys, I really don't think it's gonna matter a whole lot. Because, as I've said many times in this series, plot is the last thing that most people aren't gonna give a fuck about when it comes to an Andy Sidaris film. I have a feeling that this movie is going to be more of the same, despite it being the last film in the "Triple-B" series. That all said, I am curious to see how this one is going to play itself out. And the only way I'm gonna find that out is if I shut up and I push play, and I'm gonna do that right now. So, without further ado, it's time to kick back, relax, and check out "L.E.T.H.A.L Ladies: Return To Savage Beach".

7 minutes later

Wait, there's actually a place called "Uncertain, Texas"? I'm gonna have to look that up later to see if that's really the case, because I've lived in Texas ever since I was a child and I have *never* heard of that town before. Granted, I don't really travel a whole lot, but I'm still curious to find out if that's actually a real town or not.

6 minutes later

Huh...you know, guys, it's not often that I bring this kind of thing up, but the background in which two of our agents are riding their jet skis is the same background that was used in "Do or Die". I really didn't think that was actually possible to completely lift a background from a previous Sidaris flick like that, but I guess Andy found a way to do it. So...that's something, I guess.

12 minutes later

Well, guys, I got some good news. Donna and Taryn are actually in this movie! Bad news is that their cameos are just used as stock footage from "Savage Beach" in order to tell the story about the confiscated gold that we already heard about in that movie. I guess, maybe, Andy Sidaris added it in here just in case nobody watched "Savage Beach". But for me, seeing it in here, just seems like filler to me.

7 minutes later

OK, I didn't really want to say anything about this until later, but this guy who's wearing this mask, it honestly looks like a cheap Halloween mask you could buy at Dollar General. I know that Andy Sidaris always operated on a low budget for his movies, but I didn't think he could be *that* cheap. Just, wow...

12 minutes later

OK, well, even though that was an obvious dummy that they used, that explosion that guy was in looked pretty brutal, at least for the way he went flying there for a bit.

13 minutes later

So, upon finding out that Tyler was kidnapped, and one of the discs was stolen, Widow and Warrior go take a walk, which then leads into them making out. Yeah, cause that makes *total* fucking sense. I mean, yeah, sure, she did say that they would leave at dawn to go to Savage Beach, but this just comes out of nowhere. And also, for a final movie from Andy Sidaris, so far, this film has been kinda underwhelming.

16 minutes later

OK, guys, two things. One, this kill involving a remote controlled toy battle tank looked sorta cool, even though it was already kinda done earlier when one of the other female agents used a remote controlled car to kill another guy via an explosion. And two, the ninja that was shooting at Cobra could've used his gun to fire at her while she was taking the time to move the toy battle tank in position to where he was at! But instead, he just looks down at it while Cobra activated the bomb on the toy tank, killing him. That was honestly really kinda stupid, even by the standards of an Andy Sidaris film. That's kinda sad, really.

The Review

Well, guys, that was L.E.T.H.A.L Ladies: Return To Savage Beach". Let me go ahead and shut the movie off now...OK. Well, I can now officially say that I have seen all of the movies in Andy Sidaris's "Triple-B" series. And after finally watching the last one here, how does this fare up to all the other films in this series? Well, um...honestly, it's very underwhelming. Mind you, I'm not saying that it's the worst film in the entire series, however, when compared to all the other films made by Andy Sidaris, and even his son, it's really more on the weak side. Not as weak as "The Dallas Connection" or "Hard Hunted", but still, considering that this was Andy Sidaris's last movie, it still is rather weak, even by it's own standards.

So anyway, let's just start this review off here by first talking about the writing. I am gonna give this movie one thing. In fact, this is apparent for just about all of Andy Sidaris's films in this series, but I am gonna say that, for all of the T&A and the over-the-top action scenes, this movie was able to do something that I haven't seen done very well in modern movies. And it has to do with how it's able to retain it's own continuity. Now when I say "modern movies", I'm mostly referring to all the crap that gets shoveled out by the Marvel Cinematic Universe, whether it's through their own movies or direct to streaming shows on Disney+, where they're barely able to keep their continuity consistent, and thus they continue pumping out shit in which it directly, or indirectly, contradicts what may have happened in said movie or show. Now admittedly, this may just be more of a content issue. Because Disney and Marvel doesn't know when to end things on a decent note, and instead they just shit out content to milk out whatever money is left from their dying cinematic universe.

And then you compare that to somebody like Andy Sidaris and his "Triple-B" series because, through all of these films faults, he's still able to retain continuity from prior films, even if it may seem unnecessary, simply because it's a movie series about playboy models becoming action stars and showing off their tits whenever their movie calls for it. And in this movie, the villain from the fourth movie, Martinez, somehow survived his encounter with Donna and Taryn and he's somehow reformed his ways. Now, there is a twist involving him that I actually won't spoil here because I'll freely admit that I didn't see it coming. Granted, I know plot is not really that big of a thing in these sorts of movies, however, I will give a special exception here. And I didn't notice this at the time, but looking back at the casting list for "Savage Beach", I did not know that Martinez in that movie was also played by the same guy who was the villain in the last several movies for the "Triple-B" series, AKA Rodrigo Obregon. So, I guess, for better or worse, he has some kind of impact on these series of movies.

Speaking of which, that brings me into talking about something that I never thought I would admit to when covering these sorts of movies. I actually do kinda miss Donna Hamilton. And the reason why I say that is because, through all of her faults, and her terrible acting, she carried the load for the better part of 7 movies. Starting from "Hard Ticket To Hawaii" to "Fit To Kill". Her character may not have gone though much change, but, like I just said, she helped carried these movies for a really long time. Which is why, instead of making one big cameo appearance in this movie, she gets regulated to her appearing in stock footage from "Savage Beach". In fact, she and Tayrn get referenced at least a few times here. Nothing about Nicole, though, for some reason. I thought that was kinda strange that they left her out. But then again, Donna and Tayrn were sorta the original female duo when it came to these movies. And what's strange about all this is that you never hear about what happened to Donna and Tayrn. The most you get out of it is that there's a model plane hanging inside Tyler's home, which is suppose to be a homage to Donna and Tayrn. But as for what happened to our former leading ladies is something you never find out. Whether they were killed or retired but that never gets answered. Which is sad, really, because, as I've pointed out, this is the last film Andy Sidaris ever made, so I figured maybe they would get some kind of surprise appearance or something. Sadly though, that doesn't happen here.

So you're probably wondering why I spent that good amount of time reminiscing about a character who I had mixed feelings on rather than talking about the characters in this movie? Well, that's simply because all of the protagonist characters you see here were in the previous movie. And most of them are just as bland and as forgettable as they were there too. I would include Warrior and "Elvis Fu" as exceptions here, however, they also get nerfed here too. Remember how the Asian guy was going under the name "Elvis Fu" and had that job as an Elvis impersonator in "Day of the Warrior"? Well, sometime between then and now, he drops that gimmick and just ends up being a generic kung-fu sidekick or something. Why? I don't know. I don't know why he dropped the Elvis gimmick, since that was one of the big highlights when it came to his character back then. And as for Warrior himself, well, he's now reformed here as a good guy, who only spent 3 months in prison. And while he's still played by Buff Bagwell, he's unfortunately lost a lot of his personality and he ends up being really bland, too. And also, he's paired up with Willow Black for some reason, even though they fought each other in the final battle in the previous movie.

Believe me, a lot of this doesn't make any sense. And normally, for an Andy Sidaris film, I would let this sort of stupid shit pass, however, for this being the last Andy Sidaris flick, it really is sorta hard for me to do that, because I feel like he just sorta phoned it in here. Not all the way, mind you, there is still some of that charm that he's usually known for when it comes his movies, however, it's similar to what I felt in "Hard Hunted", where it seems a little bit watered down when compared to most of his other movies, where he at least put in a little bit of effort to make some of those movies stand out a bit. Here though, there's really nothing new here when it comes to his level of creativity. I mean, he recycles the same RC car kill that he does twice in this movie. OK granted, the second time he did was with a toy tank, which is sorta new, but it's still the same method. And...that's it. That's the most creative sort of thing you see in this movie, and it's not even that impressive either. They also recycled the same ski chase from one of the previous movies, which gave me further indication that perhaps maybe this was finally the film that he just gave up on trying anything new or different.

So yeah, writing here is definitely more on the weaker side of things. Again, it's nowhere near as bad as other films like "Hard Hunted" or "The Dallas Connection". However, if I were ranking these movies, I would probably put this right above those two in terms of it being the third weakest film of the entire series. At least, that's how I would do it anyway. But that aside, let's talk about the acting next. And much like before, the acting here is just as wooden and terrible as it was in a lot of Sidaris's films. The only exception here is Buff Bagwell reprising his role as Warrior. Again, it doesn't really make a lot of sense to have his character as a good guy because he was involved in a lot of illegal shit. But I guess someone over at L.E.T.H.A.L was able to overlook all of that and have him only serve 3 months in prison. Whatever, he's back in this movie, and even though he doesn't get a lot of screen time here, he's still one of the few actors here who's putting in an effort. Everyone else is just as wooden or hamming it up as they did previously. It's just more of the same acting, really. And whether you can tolerate it for about 12 films is left up to you. But unless you're a newcomer to this series, well, I can't really guarantee that.

Anyway, special effects are, again, everything you've seen in the previous movies. Pyrotechics, squibwork for guns, very little blood effects, etc. All of it's there and it really hasn't changed. Granted, there is some cheapness here and there like the obvious dummy I mentioned, but I can give something like that a pass, because I think it sorta helps enhance the movie's charm a bit.

Camerawork here is pretty good, although I do have to talk about the picture quality for just a moment here. Now, perhaps maybe it's just a technical issue on my end, but for some reason, this movie has a bit graininess to it. Which is really odd, because I hardly ever encountered any of that in the previous movies. But for some reason, it's more noticeable here. I don't know if that was just, again, a technical issue on my part, or if Mill Creek Entertainment, the company that put this whole 12-pack out on DVD just left it as is without attempting to clean up some of the footage. Either way, this film looks really cheap. Which, again, when compared to just about all of the other films in the "Triple-B" series, I never had to bring any of that up because the picture quality looked perfectly fine there. This movie, for some reason, is the exception. Don't know why that is, but I guess it's just what it is, unfortunately.

Lighting here is great, seeing as how a majority of this movie was shot outdoors, as was most of the previous films in this series operated. Sound-mixing here is fine. The music here is nothing to write home about. It's really just there to be serviceable and that's about it. There's nothing else to say about it, really.

So, with all that said, guys, when it comes down to it, can I recommend "L.E.T.H.A.L Ladies: Return To Savage Beach"? If you have been following the entire "Triple-B" series to this point, and you want to see how it all ends, then yes, if only for that purpose alone. However, personally speaking, I think this is a really disappointing way to end this series of movies. I really thought it was gonna go out with some kind of bang. And instead, he just kinda ends it by recycling a lot of the same shit he's done in his previous movies, and he just sorta phones it in while doing it. Then again, I guess after doing 12 movies, I guess he was bound to run out of ideas at some point. And yeah, this movie was definitely that indicator. But still, for what it's worth, I had a great time checking these movies out. And out of all 12 movies, I can say that I enjoyed 9 of them. Which is still a really good batting average, because I genuinely thought I wouldn't really get much from reviewing these particular movies. However, I was totally wrong, and I'm thankful that I own this 12 pack, because I got plenty of movies from this collection to rewatch again and not worry about the ones that I didn't care for. So yeah, I would say that the "Triple-B" series is totally worth checking out, in my humble opinion.

Anyway, guys, with that, we come to the close of another Reaction & Review. Until next time, ladies and gentlemen, take care, and I will see you all later. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment